Spaces Object Storage is an S3-compatible object storage service that lets you store and serve large amounts of data. Each Space is a bucket for you to store and serve files. The built-in Spaces CDN minimizes page load times and improves performance.
Create a Bucket
- From the control panel, click Create in the top right, and then Spaces.
- Optionally, enable the Spaces CDN at no extra cost.
- Choose a name, a datacenter region, and the file listing permissions of your Space.
- Click Create a Space. This takes you to the root of your new Space.
Upload and Delete Files
To upload a file:
- From the Files tab of your bucket, you can add files by dragging and dropping. To use the file selection tool instead, click Upload Files.
- After you have selected your files for upload, choose their permissions. By default, it’s set to Private.
- Click Upload File.
To delete a file:
- In your Spaces page, click the file’s More menu and select Delete.
- Confirm the deletion.
Manage File Permissions
You can check the permissions on files in your bucket by mousing over the filename. The tooltip that opens shows the Permission, which is either Public or Private.
To change a file’s permissions:
- In your Spaces page, click the file’s More menu and select Manage Permissions.
- Choose Public or Private and click Update.
Create and Delete Folders
You can organize files using folders. To create a new folder:
- Click the New Folder button from your bucket.
- Enter a name for the folder and click the blue check mark.
To upload a folder:
- From the Files tab of your bucket, click Upload File. From here, you can drag and drop nested directory structures.
- After you have selected your folders for upload, choose their permissions. By default, it’s set to Private.
- Click Upload.
To delete a folder:
- In your Spaces page, click the folder’s More menu and select Delete.
- Confirm the deletion.
All the contents in a deleted folder are also deleted.
Enable the CDN
You can enable the CDN when creating a new bucket. To enable the CDN on an existing bucket:
- From the Settings tab of your Space, in the CDN (Content Delivery Network) section, click Edit.
- Click Enable CDN, choose your TTL, and add any subdomains.
- Click Save.
We do not recommend or support using multiple CDNs from separate vendors with your Spaces buckets (such as the Spaces built-in CDN and another vendor’s CDN), as it can cause performance issues and be complex to manage.
Delete a Space
- From the Settings tab of your Space, select Destroy.
- Click the red Destroy button, then the red Confirm button.
This destroys the bucket and all of its contents.