DigitalOcean Kubernetes (DOKS) is a managed Kubernetes service that lets you deploy Kubernetes clusters without the complexities of handling the control plane and containerized infrastructure. Clusters are compatible with standard Kubernetes toolchains, integrate natively with DigitalOcean Load Balancers and volumes, and can be managed programmatically using the API and command line. For critical workloads, add the high-availability control plane to increase uptime with 99.95% SLA.
- Upgrades to system components:
- Improvements to security of the master node.
- Updated kernel to address security recent TCP related CVEs:
- Improvements to cluster reliability:
- Add NoSchedule, NoExecute, CritialAddonsOnly tolerations and priorityClassName system-node-critical to worker kube-system components.
- Use k8s api public IP address instead of kube-proxy to reduce time to ready for nodes.
- Fix kube-proxy container name (previously incorrectly named “kube-controller-manager”).
- Enable hostPort via Cilium CNI portmap config.