Cluster networking is highly-coupled container-to-container, pod-to-pod, pod-to-service, or external-to-service communication.
Cluster networking takes advantage of parallel processing of computing devices.
Kubernetes uses third-party projects for cluster networking:
- AWS VPC CNI for Kubernetes
- Azure CNI for Kubernetes
- CNI-Genie from Huawei
- Contrail / Tungsten Fabric
- L2 networks and linux bridging
- Multus (a Multi Network plugin)
- OVN4NFV-K8s-Plugin (OVN based CNI controller & plugin)
- OVN (Open Virtual Networking)
- Weave Net from Weaveworks
We preconfigure cluster networking with Cilium for VPC networks.